Unto the King Eternal

The love of our king radiantly outshines a love that's maternal,
His love knows no bounds, it's freeing and everlasting, a love that's eternal.

So love and live for the King eternal,
Grab hold of life in Jesus and let go of the temporal, the infernal.

Live life in humility, don’t stress the lack of bliss,
place your trust in Jesus, all else is lacking, and frankly quite amiss,

And though we are earthly bound, and heaven seems far away,
Keep your eyes turned on Jesus, in his service with a smile. Don’t deviate from his purpose, don’t let your determination sway.

We can't see beyond to the answer with the problem right there in our face,
Look away to the answer, and let trust in God be your base.

Can you live life his way, not your own that's the test,
It's hard to give up control when the urge to snatch it back seems to pester and fest,
But if we are faithful, leave control in his hands, one day we'll look back to see our life at it's best.

With the view from down here it's impossible to see all that's there in our path,
From his view from on high in eternity he sees the road we travel from beginning to end,
And those determined to be a hindrance to his guiding hand will find it impossible to avoid his wrath.

Yes I'll forever live in Jesus and for him, the King eternal,
Not just a physical life passed to me from mother, the maternal,
But born anew through the Spirit of God with submission and trust in Jesus my King,
For a life that's peacefully abundantly fulfilling with Jesus forever to those external flowing from His Spirit within, a love that's internal.

... by the only wise God

God's Renovation Project


While I consider the expanse and the fine detail of your creation
I can’t help but be in awe of the honor of your gracious invitation.
Yes I accept your gracious offer, and am truly amazed as I stand here on the threshold viewing the splendor of your yet unfinished but awesome renovation.

It starts in our heart, his wonder to unfold,
And will end with all creation a beauty to behold.

Out with the old and in with the new, an amazing renovation that can not be bought.
It’s better than imagined, beyond all expectation, this heavenly renovation is more than we sought.

The old? Murky muddy waters were swamping me with misuse and distrust,
Dirty desires and abuse were up there with the feeling of loneliness and like I would bust,

Feeling despised and even hated, and a sense of despair and regret,
Being cold and alone in the darkness of my sin and my guilt a thing I’d like to forget,

it is my complete undoing and has me at the end of my rope,
yes there’s a thought.., but ending my life would destroy all hope.

But wait, there’s more…

He’s offered the new and it’s free of charge except for the release of all that goes with the old.
The decision should be easy, no need to be bold, Just open your heart and release your hold.

It sounded so good I was free to admit,
But when it came time to release my hold it was hard to commit.

I’ll just do the work myself, and without a design,
Let’s start with this shelf that’s dirty, and out of align.

God’s handiwork is good and I like his design,
But he takes too long and my work will look just fine.

But when I looked at the vastness of the project at hand,
My work was cut out from the leaky roof to the foundation of sand,

The walls were unstable, the floorboards loose and unsteady,
The doors and windows were broken, so I throw up my hands in surrender already.

Lord I’ve tried this and failed, I can’t pass the test.
So I give you my heart and all of the rest.

So make me anew I said with decision,
And rip out the old at your own discretion.

So I gave him free reign of this huge renovation
I might even lend a hand in joy and jubilation.

God said with a smile as he turned to me,
“How about this closet, will you give me the key?”

With a loving heart that could melt me, and his hand on my shoulder,
He said still smiling, “the weight of all this is that of a bolder.”

He said, “I’ve shown you just a little of what I can do,
But the choice isn’t mine, it’s all up to you.”

His love was melting me like a figurine made of wax,
And without all that weight I began to relax.

“Please don’t get too comfortable.” he said again with a smile,
“There’s work yet to be done can you go the mile?”

by Jim Wilday.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Like the Heart of a Child?

Lord I come to you in all humble supplication,
and may my prayers bring to you glory not my own gratification.

But as I speak in honest truth with each word from my lips,
please melt away these horrid pounds that have clung to my hips.

I bring to you my evil and earthly desires and fears,
And set them at the foot of the cross where your blood’s mixed with my tears.

Lord thank you for this car you’ve given me,
though it’s as old as some of the reused Rose Parade floats,
and seems to be held together with nothing better than butter n bolts.
I bring it to you with thanks, not a spirit that gloats.

Lord thanks for this house though it’s as old as the hills,
and what would happen to it if the termites stopped holding hands in prayer still gives me the chills.

Though the pipes still rattle with rust and age throughout,
It’s still filled with your love as I trust in you, not my bank account with no clout.

Lord grant me a small bit of faith as I kneel on these old arthritic knees,
and ask for your healing and a small block of cheese.

Lord I come to you with a broken heart that’s old and outdated,
like these socks that I wear full of holes and aren’t mated,

I ask for your grace not for me but for others some of which I admit I have hated,
open their eyes to your love if only because they are ones you’ve created.

Lord I don’t mean to burden you with these same old problems, that may seem far fetched and a bit wild,
please train this old heart to fully trust in you more like the heart of a child.

Now I’ll get up off these old knees if you please which I mentioned before,
because these old stiff ligaments are stretching and beginning to get sore.
Amen.

by Jim Wilday

LOL. Maybe we ought to model our prayers after the “Lords Prayer” in Mathew chapter 6 rather than this one, God tends to use our trials and tribulations like a refiners fire to burn away the unwanted attributes of our old nature. So long as you walk with me through the fire Lord, bring it on so that my heart may emerge shinning more like the heart of God, a heart of the purest gold refined in your word and with a unique blend of your Holy Spirit.

Nevertheless God knows our heart and wants our honesty with him in prayer above all. He knows our heart anyway so there’s no reason to hold our dark thoughts back so long as we keep a perspective of who we are next to Almighty God. He wants us to release our fears and frustrations to him rather than dump on those around us. We have the example of the Psalms in this regard. But that doesn’t mean we aren’t supposed to share our earnest concerns with those we love and trust. We should bare one another’s burdens in faith trust and love. The Psalmist wrote down many of his concerns to share even with us.



No comments: